Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil Discovery - Summer 2021
Brochure Type: Latin America 2021
From thundering Iguassu Falls, to the vibrant lure of Copacabana beach and the natural wonders of Tijuca National Forest, South America has it all. Indulge on an authentic Asado Porteno in Buenos Aires with a local chef, and the regional flavours of Mendoza, Argentina's revered wine region. Along the way, your backdrop will be made up of the snow-topped Andes, white-sand beaches, lush land and diverse architecture, all served with a sprinkling of Latin flare.
- Buenos Aires: Relax and unwind before meeting your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Dinner and drinks.
- Buenos Aires: In the evening, enjoy an authentic Asado Porteno (Argentinian barbecue) with local chef, Luis.
- Mendoza: Savour a Highlight Lunch and wine at the vineyard.
- Iguassu Falls: Your Highlight Dinner will be served at The Argentine Experience. The restaurant serves traditional Latin and Argentinian cuisine ad your meal will come with unlimited wine.
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy a Highlight Lunch with a Caipirinha at Casa Camolese, a contemporary restaurant situated next to the garden.
- Rio de Janeiro: In the evening, commemorate your holiday as you join your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner at a traditional Brazilian churrascaria.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 2 Lunches with wine (LW), and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy a guided visit to Rio's Botanical Garden, a preservation site for a rare collection of bromeliads and orchids, as well as old trees and exotic plants.
- Buenos Aires: Later, visit the historic Mercado San Telmo. Built in 1897, this indoor market is situated in the tango district, in the heart of the San Telmo neighbourhood. You'll find everything from fresh fruit and spices, to vintage clothing, antiques and crafts here.
- Colonia Del Sacramento: Visit the city of Colonia del Sacramento, with its cobbled streets and historic buildings. Now a UNESCO World heritage site, this colourful destination was originally founded by the Portuguese in the 1600s.
- Mendoza: A day made for budding wine connoisseurs, enjoy an informative winery tour with Malbec tastings.
- Iguassu Falls: Take in breathtaking views of the jungle and falls, before heading out with a Local Expert to explore the Argentinian side of the park.
- Iguassu Falls: Today you'll take a guided visit to the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. The walk is shorter but no less impressive, allowing you to see all the cascades at once.
- Rio de Janeiro: Conclude your day with a cable car ride up to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Rio de Janeiro: In the morning, take a tour of Tijuca Forest National Park, where you'll find Mount Corcovado, home to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (408) 365-3900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15010119
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Buenos Aires||Arrive in Buenos Aires.: Welcome to Buenos Aires. Nicknamed the 'Paris of South America', this glamorous destination really does live up to its European counterpart. Neoclassical, art nouveau and art deco buildings line its streets, attracting equally as sophisticated travellers. On arrival, you'll be transferred to your luxury hotel, the Alvear Icon. Located on the banks of the Rio de la Plata in Puerto Madero, it's a modern venue that offers panoramic views of the city. Relax and unwind before meeting your Travel Director and fellow guests for a private Welcome Reception with drinks. You'll have the opportunity to mingle before sitting down to a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Alvear Icon, Buenos Aires.
|Day 2||Buenos Aires||Explore Buenos Aires.: Start your first full day in Buenos Aires with a city tour. Key sights to take in include the Metropolitan Cathedral, Casa Rosada and Plaza de Mayo. Later, visit the historic Mercado San Telmo. Built in 1897, this indoor market is situated in the tango district, in the heart of the San Telmo neighbourhood. You'll find everything from fresh fruit and spices, to vintage clothing, antiques and crafts here. Witness a private demonstration and performance by professional tango dancers and musicians at an authentic 'conventillo' in La Boca, where you will be introduced to this passionate dance and music. In the evening, enjoy an authentic Asado Porteno (Argentinian barbecue) with local chef, Luis. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||COLONIA DEL SACRAMENTO||On to Colonia del Sacramento.: Today you'll travel across the Rio de la Plata, otherwise known as the River Plate, by ferry. Visit the city of Colonia del Sacramento, with its cobbled streets and historic buildings. Now a UNESCO World heritage site, this colourful destination was originally founded by the Portuguese in the 1600s. Enjoy lunch with wine at a local olive oil farm. In the afternoon, take a guided walking tour of the protected old city and its 16th century buildings. It's your third and final night in Bueno Aires, why not head out into the city to watch a tango performance or ask your Travel Director where it's best to head for dinner? (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 4||Mendoza||Buenos Aires to Mendoza.: It's time to head to the wine country of Argentina, the city of Mendoza. Board your flight to this bustling location. From the Art Deco buildings that line its streets, to its quaint coffee shops and esteemed wineries, you'll be taken to the heart of Argentinian culture. (Breakfast)|
Diplomatic Hotel, Mendoza.
|Day 5||Mendoza||Flavour of Mendoza.: A day made for budding wine connoisseurs, enjoy an informative winery tour with Malbec tastings. Take in the area's spectacular scenery, with the Andes as your backdrop, while you indulge on the rich, dark, fruity flavours of the region's most famous beverage. End your experience in a fitting manner, with a Highlight Lunch and wine at the vineyard. Later, indulge in a delicious dinner with wine at Abrasado, an Argentinian barbecue and steakhouse. Situated in Downtown Mendoza, you'll be close to some of the city's best wine bars, stores and restaurants. Why not end the evening with a nightcap? (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Iguassu Falls||Mendoza to Iguassu Falls.: With over 270 waterfalls, rare flora and fauna, and lush rainforest, your destination really is as impressive as the photos suggest. Its name means 'big water' in Guarani language, with the falls landing in both Argentina and Brazil. Stay on the Argentinian side of the National Park for two nights, at the luxurious Gran Melia hotel. With two outdoor pools, a modern spa and a stylish interior, you'll be able to rejuvenate in a fitting manner. Have a night at leisure and take in your beautiful surroundings. (Breakfast)|
Gran Melia, Iguassu.
|Day 7||Iguassu Falls||Sightseeing at Iguassu Falls.: Take in breathtaking views of the jungle and falls, before heading out with a Local Expert to explore the Argentinian side of the park. Take an optional Gran Aventura boat ride to Devil's Throat, the largest and perhaps the most famous cascade in the park. This u-shaped waterfall contains 14 falls in total and is more than 262 feet high. Your Highlight Dinner will be served at The Argentine Experience. The restaurant serves traditional Argentinian cuisine and your meal will come with unlimited wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Rio de Janeiro||The Brazilian Side.: Wake up inside the National Park and enjoy breakfast with a tropical view at your hotel. Today you'll take a guided visit to the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. The walk around the Brazilian side is shorter but no less impressive. The falls are further away but this allows you to see all the falls at once. Your Local Expert will show you panoramic views of San Martin Island, before you head to the airport for your flight to Rio. Move on to the capital of samba and the home of iconic Copacabana Beach, famous for its stretch of golden sand. Your luxury hotel is situated on the beach itself. The rest of the evening will be at leisure. Either relax at your hotel or head out and explore the area's local nightlife. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana.
|Day 9||Rio de Janeiro||Explore Rio de Janeiro.: With spectacular seaview rooms, you'll start the day at your idyllic Fairmont hotel. Join local botanist Roberto Ramos for an exclusive guided visit to Rio's Botanical Garden, a preservation site for a rare collection of bromeliads and orchids, as well as old trees and exotic plants. Made up of museums, research and cultural centres, the park showcases over 6500 different species of plants, both local and foreign. Enjoy a Highlight Lunch with a caipirinha at Casa Camolese, a contemporary restaurant situated next to the garden. Conclude your day with a cable car ride up to Sugarloaf Mountain. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 10||Rio de Janeiro||Leisure time in Rio de Janeiro.: In the morning, take a tour of Tijuca Forest National Park, where you'll find Mount Corcovado, home to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. Spend the afternoon at leisure. Why not soak up the sun on Copacabana Beach or ask your Travel Director where is best to grab a coffee? In the evening, commemorate your holiday as you join your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner at a traditional Brazilian churrascaria. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Rio de Janeiro||Depart Rio de Janeiro.: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as your trip comes to an end. Take our organised transfer to Rio de Janeiro-Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Buenos Aires - Mendoza, Mendoza - Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls - Rio de Janeiro and require purchase of round trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class