Majestic Scotland Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain Costsaver 2020
Kick-start your seven-day adventure through Scotland in feisty Glasgow, with stays in Edinburgh and the Highlands, as your quest takes you past lochs, glens and heather-clad purple peaks. You'll walk in the footsteps of brave clansmen, admire cliff-top castles and trace the legacy of Rob Roy, Bonnie Prince Charlie and an elusive Loch Ness Monster on this epic quest to discover the heart and hearth of Scotland.
- Edinburgh Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament Building as well as the Castle
- Fort William See the Commando Memorial and Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive through Glencoe, the infamous Glen of Weeping
- Glasgow View Glasgow Cathedral and George Square on your orientation tour
- Loch Lomond See the freshwater lake with the largest surface area in Britain
- St. Andrews View the 18th green on St. Andrews Old Course
- 6 Breakfasts
- 2 Three-course dinners
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Ferry from the Isle of Skye to mainland Scotland.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- City orientation tours
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (408) 365-3900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14744514
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Arrive Glasgow (2 Nights): Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your visit to gritty Glasgow will be anything but. After checking in, resist the urge to recover from your journey and hit its edgy streets on your own exploration of the sights. Keep a brolly at hand so Glasgow's notoriously unpredictable mochie doesn't put a damp end to your sightseeing. And even if it does, there's a cosy pub on every corner to warm your heart with a little local whisky. You'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers later for a glimpse into what lies ahead, then spend a free evening perhaps with a wee dram or two at a favourite local.|
Ibis City Centre
|Day 2||Glasgow||Glasgow Sightseeing: Kick-start your day with a lesson in Glasgow's industrial past and modern revival that have given the city its characteristic gallus strut. Your orientation tour of the city will include views of Glasgow Cathedral and George Square where many of Scotland's famous sons are immortalised in stone. Enjoy views of the People's Palace and Winter Gardens, the regal George Square and River Clyde, which for over 200 years was the centre of shipbuilding.|
|Day 3||Scottish Highlands||Glasgow - Glencoe - Scottish Highlands (2 Nights): Channel your inner Highlander next, embarking on a journey north to the banks of Loch Lomond, where a cruise past Rob Roy's cave could be on the cards should you choose to join this Optional Experience. In Fort William, see the Commando Memorial and the peaks of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Continue through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Take a moment to remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692 fighting relentlessly for their beliefs. Head to the heart of the Highlands and your home for the next two nights, where dinner is served at your hotel.|
|Day 4||Isle of Skye||Culloden - Loch Ness - Isle of Skye: Your first stop today is the tragic battlefield of Culloden where you'll pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising. Continue your journey past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness keeping a keen eye out for Nessie. Admire the rugged beauty of Eilean Donan Castle at the heart of three great sea lochs and learn about its role in the 17th and 18th-century Jacobite risings which led to its destruction. Cross 'over the Sea to Skye' and embark on a scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula against the backdrop of purple tufts of heather and dramatic peaks. Later, return to the mainland by ferry after a day of irresistible views. Tonight, dinner is at your Highland hotel.|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||Scottish Highlands - Pitlochry - St. Andrews - Edinburgh (2 Nights): Robert Burns once wrote of his beloved hills of the Highlands. Your scenic drive through its mystical landscapes will leave you similarly inspired as you venture to picturesque Pitlochry on the banks of the Tummel. There's time to explore this salmon fishing centre on your own or perhaps join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, home of the Duke of Atholl and Europe's last remaining private army. The fairways and greens of St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf, beckon and you'll have an opportunity to snap a selfie against the backdrop of the famous 18th green. Continue to Edinburgh - the Scottish capital with a mystical air combining ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Tickets are included on departures that coincide with the Edinburgh Tattoo.|
Hampton by Hilton Airport
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time: The Gregorian New Town, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle all wait to be viewed in the company of your Local Specialist, so grab your camera and prepare for a memorable sightseeing tour revealing all the highlights of 'Auld Reekie'. You'll have plenty of time to explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience to the Royal Yacht Britannia or an in-depth tour of Edinburgh Castle.|
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Depart Edinburgh: Tuck into a hearty Scottish breakfast with tattie scones and all the trimmings. You'll want one final reminder of your epic encounter with Scotland before preparing to return home. Say a fond bye for noo to new friends, then take your airport transfer, closing the curtain on a memorable journey through Scotland.|
- The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo 7-29 August 2020: We've included Tattoo tickets when you're in Edinburgh on departures 08 August, 15 August and 22 August.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class