Best of Greece Reverse Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2020
Cast your mind back over millennia, your footprints following those of Alexander the Great, Aristotle and Plato. Explore the mighty kingdom of Ancient Greece, from the Temples of Zeus and Hera, the Parthenon and Delphi on the slopes of Mount Parnassos. Walk the Sacred Way to the 4th century Temple of Apollo and greet the gods and goddesses of Olympia.
- VISIT the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum in Athens, the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia and the ancient ruins in Corinth
- VIEW the Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the battle site at Thermopylae, the ancient theatre and Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus
- SEE the Lion Gate, Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae and the Corinth Canal
- 7 breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (408) 365-3900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14744079
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Welcome to Athens. You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Relax or spend time exploring the wonders of this ancient city. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink with your travelling companions and your Travel Director.|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Radisson Blu Park
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Classical Athens was a centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, and is widely seen as the cradle of Western Civilisation and the birthplace of democracy. One of the world's oldest cities, discover the rich heritage of Athens during your morning sightseeing tour with your 'Local Specialist'. Explore the Acropolis and view the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena and one of the world's greatest cultural monuments. Marvel at the Agora, the Royal Palace and the Temple of Zeus. Enjoy an included visit to the spectacular Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities. See Hadrian's Arch, built to celebrate the arrival of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. Spend the rest of your day at leisure and discover Athens. In the evening, perhaps choose to dine in the lively Plaka district, the old quarter of the city.|
|Day 3||Kalambaka||Athens - Meteora - Kalambaka: Say goodbye to Athens, and enjoy a scenic drive to Meteora, one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. En route we have the chance to pay our respects to the heroic King Leonidas and his brave Spartans who stood their ground against the invading Persians. Cross the fertile Thessaly region, the "bread basket of Greece" Later dine at your hotel in Kalambaka.|
Amalia/Della Boutique /Meteora
|Day 4||Delphi||Kalambaka - Thermopylae - Delphi: This morning visit two of the six monasteries built on sandstone rocks above the town with your 'Local Specialist'. Travel over the Pourmaraki Pass and the Bralos mountain range to arrive at the foothills of Mt. Parnassos. It was here that every four years athletes competed in the Pythian Games, dedicated to Apollo and the arts.|
|Day 5||Olympia||Delphi - Patras - Olympia: This morning, tour the breathtaking Delphi with your 'Local Specialist' and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world. Walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Apollo dating from the 5th century. Cross the Gulf of Corinth and head south to the Peloponnese before continuing to Olympia. This evening, we 'Connect With Locals' joining the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm for a 'Be My Guest' dinner, some traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.|
|Day 6||Nafplion||Olympia - Nafplion: Meet your 'Local Specialist' and spend the morning visiting the ancient Olympic site and museum and the Temples of Zeus and Hera - the wife of Zeus and one of the most important deities in Greek mythology. Arrive later in Nafplion where you will dine tonight at your hotel.|
|Day 7||Athens||Nafplion - Epidarus - Mycenae - Corinth - Athens: Visit the amphitheatre and view the Sanctuary of Aesculapius, the God of Medicine in Epidaurus with your 'Local Specialist'. The rod of Aesculapius, a snake-entwined staff, remains the symbol of medicine to this day. In Mycenae - a mighty kingdom of ancient Greece and a military stronghold - see the Beehive Tombs (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace with your 'Local Specialist'. Visit the ancient city of Corinth with your 'Local Specialist' before crossing the mighty Corinth Canal en route to Athens. This evening enjoy a wonderful Farewell Dinner with you travelling companions.|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Radisson Blu Park
|Day 8||Athens||Depart Athens: Say goodbye to your fellow travellers and Travel Director after an unforgettable journey. Airport transfers are available, conditions apply.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class