Imagine seeing wildlife-lion, zebra, giraffe, Cape buffalo, flamingo, elephant, and more-in their natural habitat. On this Kenya safari for value-minded travelers, you can! No safari in Kenya would be complete without visiting Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya's most famous game area. Known for the annual wildebeest migration the area boasts a large, permanent population of animals so game viewing is good year round. During five game drives, keep your eyes open for elephant, rhino, giraffe, topi, hyena, lion, and much more. Beyond the Maasai Mara, visit Mount Kenya National Park, where your treetop lodge gives you unobstructed views of the waterhole that attracts elephant and buffalo. You'll also enjoy a guided forest walk with a naturalist here. In Lake Nakuru National Park world-famous for its flamingo, search for giraffe, waterbuck, zebra, Cape buffalo, impala, and more.This Kenya tour also features special up close encounters. In Lake Naivasha National Park, a guided walk offers the chance to see giraffe and zebra and meet elephant calves orphaned by poachers at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi. You'll also visit a special beading project that helps provide training and job opportunities for local women. Plus, to ensure you can capture the perfect photograph, have a window seat, and have easy game viewing, Cosmos offers 4-wheel-drive safari vehicles with a pop-up roof and a maximum of six people per vehicle.Magnificent wildlife, important animal sanctuaries, and thrilling adventures-this exciting Kenya safari is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
Call (408) 365-3900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14587041
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Arrive this evening, check in to your hotel, and prepare for your safari adventure!|
|Day 2||Nairobi||Start your sightseeing at the SHELDRICK ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE, founded and managed by Daphne Sheldrick. During your visit, learn about elephant conservation and meet elephant calves orphaned by poachers before they are re-introduced to the wild. Next, visit the GIRAFFE CENTER, a non-profit organization focused on saving the Rothschild's giraffe. Here, you will learn a bit more about this subspecies and have the opportunity to feed them. The evening is at your leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 3||MOUNT KENYA NATIONAL PARK AREA||This morning, depart Nairobi for MOUNT KENYA NATIONAL PARK, where your treetop lodge is raised on stilts with unobstructed views over a floodlit waterhole. Spend the afternoon and evening observing the animals from the viewing deck or the balcony in your room. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Lake Nakuru National Park||This morning, embark on a GUIDED FOREST WALK with a naturalist to learn more about the plant and animal life in the area. Later, journey through the beautiful Kenyan highlands. Known as one of the most fertile agricultural areas in all of Africa, you will find farmers growing crops such as corn, wheat, coffee, and tea. Arrive in LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK and settle in for the evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Lake Nakuru||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. The park is home to a variety of animals including giraffe, flamingo, impala, Cape buffalo, and striped hyena. This is also your best chance to see white rhino, which are commonly spotted here. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||LAKE NAIVASHA NATIONAL PARK||After breakfast, make the short drive to LAKE NAIVASHA NATIONAL PARK. Make a stop at LIFE BEADS, an organization providing training and job opportunities to local women, disabled people, and street children. Here, trainees learn how to make a variety of handicrafts, including beading and basket making. After lunch, take a GUIDED WALK around Crescent Island for a chance at an up-close view of giraffe, zebra, and more. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Maasai Mara National Reserve||This morning, depart for MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE, Kenya's most famous game area. After lunch at your lodge, set out on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Maasai Mara||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in the 'Mara,' as it is called by locals. Part of the Serengeti ecosystem, the reserve boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives, generally from August to early November, the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, and hyena. (B,L,D)NOTE:The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year. |
|Day 9||Nairobi||Today, drive back to Nairobi, where your tour ends. We have reserved a day room at the Eka Hotel Nairobi for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Park entrance fees of $312 per person are included.Single Room Supplement:$205 to $535Triple Room Reduction per person:$45 to $80Extra nights per person in Nairobi: in single room $189; in twin room $114; in triple room $1092021 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2020.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).