England and Scotland Heritage First Look 2019
Brochure Type: CostSaver First Look 2019 USA
Journey north to the land of the bonny and brave, from London and Windsor Castle in the south to the slopes of Ben Nevis. Visit picturesque Pitlochry, the beautiful Gothic architecture of York, and Grasmere, where William Wordsworth once lived.
- Bath Visit the Georgian spa town
- Chester View the Tudor architecture and the half-timbered buildings known as the 'Rows'
- Edinburgh Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament Building as well as the Castle
- Fort William See the Commando Memorial and Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive through Glencoe, the infamous Glen of the Weeping
- Glasgow View Glasgow Cathedral and George Square on your orientation tour of Glasgow
- Gretna Green See the Blacksmith's shop, a wedding venue since 1754 when eloping couples would exchange their vows over the anvil
- Hadrian's Wall View the remains of the Roman wall
- Grasmere Visit the village of Grasmere and view the grave of Wordsworth
- Loch Lomond See the freshwater lake with the largest surface area in Britain
- St. Andrews View the 18th green on St. Andrews Old Course
- Stratford-upon-Avon Visit the town of Shakespeare's Birth and see Anne Hathaway's cottage
- Windsor View the castle
- York View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles. See the city walls
- 7 Full breakfasts
- 3 Three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at CostSaver's recommended London hotel.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- London airport transfers are available to purchase. Conditions apply. See link below for airport transfer page
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the CostSaver recommended London hotel booked through CostSaver or from the London Reception Centre
Call (408) 365-3900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14055836
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (2 Nights): Welcome to London. After checking in to your hotel the rest of your day is free to explore this magical city.|
Ibis Earls Court
|Day 2||London||London Free Time: Today is yours to see the sights of London, one of the most fascinating and exciting cities in the world. Perhaps visit Harrods or one of the many incredible museums the city has to offer.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Gloucester||London - Windsor - Bath - Gloucester: This morning meet your Travel Director and travelling companions to board your Trafalgar Coach and set off from London. Visit Windsor and view the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. In the city of Bath, where two of Jane Austen's novels were set, admire the Georgian architecture and enjoy free time to shop or visit the Roman Baths. Arrive later at your hotel in Gloucester.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Liverpool||Gloucester - Chester - Liverpool: This morning travel north to the town of Chester where you view the Roman walls, cathedral and the black and white half-timbered buildings known as 'The Rows'. Why not join your fellow travellers on an excursion to North Wales to visit the town of Llangollen, home of the International Eisteddfod. Later arrive at your hotel.Full Breakfast|
Ibis Centre Albert Dock
|Day 5||Glasgow||Liverpool - Lake District - Gretna Green - Glasgow: Enjoy spectacular views of Lake Windermere as you head north to visit Grasmere where the poet, William Wordsworth lived and wrote his most acclaimed poem, 'Daffodils'. Stop at Gretna Green, where eloping couples married against their parents' wishes. Cross the Southern Uplands to Glasgow, one of Europe's liveliest cities.Full Breakfast|
Ibis City Centre
|Day 6||Scottish Highlands||Glasgow - Scottish Highlands: See the sights of Glasgow during your orientation tour. Drive north through incredible scenery into the Scottish Highlands and follow the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Drive through Glencoe, Glen of the Weeping on to Fort William, which lies in the shadow of the UK's highest mountain, Ben Nevis, whose summit stands at 4,411 feet above sea level. Dine tonight at your Highland hotel.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Scottish Highlands - St. Andrews - Near Edinburgh (Airth) (2 Nights): Visit picturesque Pitlochry on the banks of the river Tummel. Famous for salmon fishing, a 'fish ladder' on the dammed river helps the salmon to swim upstream to spawn. Take time to shop, explore, or join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, home to the Duke of Atholl. In St. Andrews, where Prince William went to university, stop to take a picture of the 18th green. Known as the home of golf, the game has been played here for over 600 years. Tonight why not attend a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes?Full Breakfast|
|Day 8||Edinburgh||Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning's sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist includes views of the Georgian New Town, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. Spend free time exploring on your own or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to the Royal Yacht Britannia in nearby Leith. During the Festival tickets to the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included.Full Breakfast|
|Day 9||Bradford||Edinburgh - York - Bradford: Cross the Scottish Borders back into England. Drive through Northumberland National Park and view part of Hadrian's Wall. Begun in 122 AD, the wall is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is among the most important monuments built by the Romans in Britain. Continue south and arrive in York, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth. During your orientation your Travel Director takes you on a walk through the web of quaint, narrow streets and shows you York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic buildings in the world. Finish the day in Bradford, where you dine tonight at your hotel.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||London||Bradford - Stratford-upon-Avon - London: This morning visit Stratford-upon-Avon, where you have time to see the sights and shop for souvenirs. In your free time why not visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre for an in-depth look at the great man's life? Say goodbye to your Travel Director and newfound friends at the end of an exciting and memorable holiday as you return to London.Full Breakfast|
Ibis Earls Court
|Day 11||Depart London||Depart London: This morning after breakfast it is time to return home at the end of your holiday. A London Heathrow airport shuttle service is available to purchase. Conditions apply.Full Breakfast|
- Your London Hotel: This trip departs from our London Reception Centre or the Hilton Olympia/Ibis Earls Court hotel providing that you have reserved your accommodation at this hotel through CostSaver.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class